The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod



Home

About Us

Our Ministries




Events




News


History


Links to Others


Directions


Contact Us



 

 

History

St. Paul's is a church that is well-founded in the Word of God, its doctrine, its structure, and traditions. Saint Paul's has been serving this community since 1856. Actually, the church had its early beginnings in 1854 when the congregation began meeting in homes, but the church was officially organized June 1856.

From its founding in 1856, the mission of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and specifically the message of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ has been the primary goal of Saint Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church. Through the years many things have changed, including the area's names -- Antonia, then Glaise Creek, Head's Creek, Otto, and now Imperial. One thing that has not changed is our faithfulness to the Gospel of the Unchanging Christ.

Our current worship facility is the third on this location and was dedicated in 1960. Our education facility, office wing and gymnasium were dedicated in 1970. The sanctuary was damaged by a lightning strike and subsequent fire in 2000, but the congregation's mission went on with the Lord's blessings and the faithfulness of Saint Paul's members.

Through the years the Lord of the Church has bestowed His many blessings upon us. We celebrate our heritage and past history with a true sense of optimism and faith in our God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. To Him be Glory and Honor today and always!

 

 

Webmaster: Joan Warren